PARKING - Parking is usually easy to find and there is only a short walk from the parking area to the ceremony site.
BEST CEREMONY TIMES - 9 am or 4pm. Earlier ceremonies always mean less crowds which also means emptier beaches and less people in your photos. During certain times of the year this spot is also known for having very pretty sunsets. If you're going for a sunset wedding it is best to have the ceremony 1-2 hours before sunset. Best during summer months (less crowds with smaller surf).
DIRECTIONS: From Waikiki take the H1 Freeway north, following signs to the North Shore. Continue north until you reach Sunset Beach. About a 1.5-2 hour drive depending on the time of day and year. This area can get very crowded during the winter when the surf is up.
Why we like Sunset Beach....
- Usually lots of parking available
- Beautiful bright turquoise blue ocean
- Large and open white sandy beach
- Gorgeous coastline, especially at sunset
- Beach is lined with large green trees that look very pretty in photos
- Short walk from the parking area to ceremony site
- Very close to Turtle Bay Hotel and Resort
- Pretty sunsets, check sun calendar for best sunset months
- Bathrooms available for guests to use
A FEW THINGS TO CONSIDER - Sunset Beach is best during summer months and is not good during winter as surf swells make the area very crowded. Travel fees apply for this location - $150 Best Day Ever travel fee & officiant/photography travel fees may also apply.