Paradise Cove Beach
LOCATION - In Ko'olina, about 40-45 minute drive from Waikiki.
PARKING - Small parking lot in front of beach access. There are only about 12 stalls. This parking lot closes at Sunset. Usually there is parking on weekdays, however it is a bit harder to find parking on weekends. You may also just walk from the Ko’olina resort (park at any of the Ko’olina lagoons or in the Ko’olina pkg. lot). Parking lot closes after sunset, so you can't leave your car here after dark. It is easiest just to get dropped off here by limo or bus.
BEST CEREMONY TIMES - 8am, 9am, or 1 hour before sunset.
DIRECTIONS- Take the Ko'olina exit off the Freeway. Make a RIGHT by the Lanikuhonua Sign. Drive down a short pathway until you see the parking lot on the right hand side. Walk down the short path to the beach entrance. Follow signs to beach.
Why we like Paradise Cove Beach ...
- Parking, if wedding is on a weekday, there is usually parking available but because the lot is small getting dropped off is easiest.
- Short walk to ceremony location from car
- Often you will see seals or turtles on the beach here.
- Little to no wind in this little bay.
- Very small chance of rain on this side of the island (even if the rest of the island is raining, this area usually is dry).
- White sandy beaches, turquoise ocean.
- Reef / rocky areas look great in photos.
- Absolutely gorgeous sunset views. This location may be my favorite beach on the entire island. Romantic, beautiful and intimate, it is the perfect place to say “I do”
- Walk to the Paradise Cove Luau from here, it's right next door.
A FEW THINGS TO CONSIDER - Wear comfortable shoes, it can be difficult to walk in the sand with heels. Going barefoot may be best. There are shady areas to keep bags and other things while you do the ceremony. During weekdays, you may hit traffic driving out this way which may make it a 1-1.5hr. drive from Waikiki depending on the time you leave.