Kualoa Beach Park
LOCATION - About an hour drive from Waikiki. Drive time may be longer if there is traffic.
PARKING - Lots of parking. Not usually crowded.
BEST CEREMONY TIMES - 9-10 am. Since the sun sets on the other side of the island, morning times are prettiest at this location. Morning times also usually have less wind. We suggest a 9 am ceremony time, though if you'd prefer a later time that definitely do-able, please note the earlier at this location the better. It does get hot later in the day.
DIRECTIONS- From Waikiki head north on the freeway. Take the Pali Highway to Kamehameha Highway, heading North. Follow Kam Hwy. until you reach Kualoa Beach Park. There is a bathroom at this beach.
Why we like Kualoa Beach Park...
- Easy parking & lots of it
- Short walk from the parking area to ceremony
- Beautiful turquoise-green blue ocean
- Chinamans Hat island in the background
- Not many tourists in this area, very easy to get photos without anyone else in them, little crowds
- Mountain ridges and coastline looks gorgeous against the bright turquoise ocean
- Grassy areas go right up to the ocean
- Very close to the Polynesian Cultural Center Luau (great place to take guests to after the ceremony)
A FEW THINGS TO CONSIDER - From Waikiki this could be a drive about 1hr, so plan to leave with plenty of time to spare. This location is gorgeous but can get windy during the winter months. Travel fees will apply to this location. $150 travel fee for Best Day Ever, possible travel fees from photographer and officiant as well.