< Back to Beaches
LOCATION - Located slightly to the right (if facing ocean) in front of The Kahala Hotel & Resort. About a 10 minute drive from Waikiki.
PARKING - Park at The Kahala Hotel or at Waialae Beach Park. If you park at Waialae Beach Park, parking is free but you have to walk along the beach towards the Kahala Hotel (about 5m walk). Parking at the Kahala Hotel is paid parking, validate at the hotel restaurant or bar for discounted rates. Getting dropped by car is the most efficient way of transport.
BEST CEREMONY TIMES - 9am, 10am, 11am OR 1 hour before sunset.
DIRECTIONS- From Waikiki head east down Kalakaua Ave. towards Diamond Head. Drive past Diamond Head towards The Kahala Hotel. Get dropped off right in front of The Kahala Hotel parking lot, walk down pathway next to the parking lot towards the ocean. Ceremony location is on the grassy area in front of the beach.
Why we like Kahala Beach...
- Pretty grassy spots surrounded by coconut trees in front of a white sand beach
- Turquoise colored water
- Very private - there aren't many people on this beach which means there are usually no people in the background of your photos.
- Paved pathways to the ceremony site (great for heels)
- Plenty of options for photography, grassy areas, sunsets, coconut trees, etc.
- One of the few non-crowded private feeling beaches on the south shore, which means it's also close to Waikiki (about a 5-10m. drive)
- Coconut trees shaped perfectly to create a natural arch, accented with fabric and a few flowers, this spot is dreamy
A FEW THINGS TO CONSIDER - At this spot it is easiest to get dropped off by van, bus or limo unless you want to pay for parking at the Hotel. You could also do dinner at one of the restaurants (at Kahala Hotel) to get parking validations. They have very nice restaurants (ocean-front), so if you are taking guests to dinner afterwards this is a wonderful option. Also, at this spot we do not do the vine aisle since it is all grass and you wouldn't be able to see green on green. Instead, we can do a floral aisle if you would like it, but there is a small extra fee. The fabric arch (which sits between the coconut trees) is also an extra fee. If you'd like to add on the flower pathway or fabric arch please let your planner know. Cost is $50 for the flower pathway and $100 for the arch - includes flowers on the corners of the arch ($150 total). Flowers are usually hand-picked on the day of your wedding.