Home   I   Process   I   Add-On's   I   Ultimate-Checklist   I   FAQ's   I   Preferred Vendor List
Tipping Guide   I   MARRIAGE LICENSE INFO  I   Name Change Guide        
Beaches   I   Photographers    I   Leis & Flowers   I   Officiant
Top Things to Do on O'ahu   I   Top Places to Eat   I   Traveling Tips & Tricks


How to get your Hawaii Marriage License

1. Go to the Hawaii Marriage License Website to complete the Marriage License Application.  
(You can fill out the application form a year prior to your wedding date)

Marriage License Application Form

2.  Once this step is done you can sit back and relax until that last month prior to your wedding day.  No sooner than 30 days prior to your ceremony day, both parties will need to go down to the Department of Health (1250 Punchbowl St., Room 101, First Floor, Honolulu, HI) to get your official paperwork. You should bring any paperwork from your marriage license application, which should have been completed online.  You must also bring (2) forms of identification, one of must be a government issued photo id.  If you have been married before you must also bring an original copy of your divorce decree.  Most couples destination brides and grooms take care of this the week prior to their ceremony. 

- Marriage License Office, Dept. of Health (1250 Punchbowl St., Room 101, First Floor, Honolulu, HI) 

3. Once you have your Marriage License (pink paper), you will need to keep this in a safe place and bring it with you to your ceremony.  Your officiant will take it form you on your wedding day and sign and file it. 

Marriage License Cost:   $65.00 Fee (payable in cash to the licensing agent)

More information: Call (808) 974-6008 OR visit https://emrs.ehawaii.gov/emrs/public/home.html

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

If you are bringing your own Officiant (friend or family member)

1. Make sure your officiant is ordained.  Not sure if he or she is or not? Just ask them - If they are not make sure they get ordained online. There are tons of companies that do this, just google "becoming an ordained minister for weddings".  Here's a good site, it's free and super easy. 

2.  After they have been ordained, they must also register/get licensed with the Hawaii Dept. of Health by filling out the form here, and pay  $10.00.  It should be done asap, but and needs to be done a few weeks (or a month to be safe) before the wedding.  

- Form to register an officiant in Hawaii, fill out 1 mo. prior to wedding date

3. If you have more questions you can call the Hawaii Marriage Lic. office directly at (808) 586-4540